Pages may contain affiliate links to assist our readers with organizing tips and tricks, which helps compensate us for our time and expenses. Thanks for your support.
Organize Makeup for Teen Girls Part 2: Cosmetic Labels
Have you ever found makeup in your drawer and wondered how old it was? I certainly have. After reading how makeup can go bad, I decided it was time to create a system for keeping track of makeup.
After thinking of how I could create the most simple system, I realized that labeling each product was the easiest way to go. Below you’ll find helpful cosmetic labels, keeping your makeup fresh.
Wearing makeup isn’t something I do a lot of, but my teenage daughter sure does. She is in heaven when she can take a trip to Ulta to get what what she needs.
Because she has more product, she has a harder time remembering how long she has had each product.
Cosmetic Labels Printable
- Purchase package of labels.
- Download FREE printable.
- Print at home or office store.
- Cut preferred sized label.
- Write purchase date and stick on product!
You may want to practice how the sheets are fed through your printer before you insert a label sheet. You will find the cosmetic label printables below.
I like the white labels, but if you want to get colorful, I found neon labels on Amazon.
Once you label your products, (and maybe some of them you’ll have to guess), you may want to get them more organized or find a makeup system that works for you.
When Should Makeup be Thrown Away?
Just like with food and other perishables, makeup expires too. They may not come with the date on the product, but they don’t last for years.
These are suggestions that I found in my research:
- Concealer: Up to a year
- Eye Shadow: Up to three years
- Cleansers: Up to a year
- Foundation: Water-based – up to one year, Oil-based – up to a year and a half
- Lip Liner: Up to three years
- Lipstick: Up to two years
- Makeup Brushes: Wash every 2-3 month with mild detergent
- Makeup Sponges: Toss each month. Like kitchen sponges, they contain bacteria
- Mascara: Up to four months
- Nail Polish: Says up to a year, check the quality. (I have had polishes for way longer!!)
- Pencil Eyeliner: Up to three years
- Powder: Up to two years