Three Cable Management Tips to Get Wires Organized and Under Control!
There are a few things that make me crazy when they are out of control.
Wires are one of them.
Unlike my children, there are some simple ways for cable management to get wires organized and under control!
RELATED POST: USE CABLE CLIPS TO ORGANIZE CORDS
There are some DIY ways to organize your cords.
I have tried a few:
- Use fabric and elastic to make cable sleeve
- Use twist ties to contain wires
- Bread plastic tabs to label individual wires
- Masking tape to contain wires or label them
If you would like to try some new solutions to make it quick and easy for you, check out the three cable and wire management tips below.
1. CABLE SLEEVE FOR QUICK COVER UP!
Solutions don’t have to take lots of time or be complicated.
I love it when organizing solutions are simple and easy, that even I can do it in less than an hour!
These cable sleeves made by Blue Key World, are very easy to put on and wrap around wires and cables. They are meant to group together multiple wires and cables.
Below you can see I used my cable sleeves to hold wires for our electronics.
I used two to cover the full length and helps the sleeves to not slide down. It is super easy to zip up!
DETAILS ON THE SLEEVES:
Cable Sleeve, Cord Cover, Wire Protector and Hider – Set of 4
- This set of cable sleeves includes four sleeve pieces.
- Zippers make it easy to put around cables and wires.
- You may have to use more than one sleeve for wire bundles that are smaller as the sleeve will slip down if you don’t have a way to secure sleeve.
- Having more than one can secure the sleeve and cover the entire bundle of cables and wires.
- The sleeves can be widened because the zippers can be used to expand the width.
- The material used seems easy to wipe down and keep clean, as we know that things can get dusty behind electronics.
- When these sleeves are first unpackaged, there is a short-lived “tire” smell. I am not sure what it is, but it does go away.
2. WALL WIRE HIDER FOR CLEVER CONTAINMENT
Cable Concealer On-Wall Cord Cover Raceway Kit – Cable Management System to Hide Cables, Cords, or Wires
Would you love to help your wires to disappear?
Do you wish you could get them to disappear inside your wall but feel it’s too big of a project?
Wall wire hiders is an easy way to get your wires to disappear with out having to learn how to cut holes in your walls and how to patch textured walls.
Having cables and wires showing in your home isn’t the end of the world. I just don’t like how it looks . . . like chaos!
When the cable and wires aren’t organized or managed, they can get intertwined. It can take forever to get the wires untangled. That is a real time waster!
Using the wire hiders can help you to get your wires to blend in with the wall. You can also paint the cable wall covers.
3. WIRE LABELS TO QUICKLY KNOW WHICH WIRE IS WHICH!
Nylon Cable Zip Ties Tags Labels Marker with Free Printable Labels
Have you ever had to unplug items behind your computer or TV because you aren’t sure which cable or cord is which?
I have in the past, and it’s a time waster for me. There are quick and easy solutions for this. Label the wires! You can use plastic bag clips, like from bread, to label and put on your cables or cords to label them.
I like using labels that will stay in place and easy to read. Especially if you are barely able to see behind your television or electronics set-up!
Make it easy for yourself!
Cables and wires can be messy. But the good news is, there are simple solutions to help hide them from plain site.
Managing the cables and wires around your electronics will help not only make the space look more pleasant, but keep them from getting intertwined and tangled.
Save yourself time with one of these simple solutions to cable and wire management!
Cheering you on to a more simple life!
Disclosure: I was asked to review product for Blue Key World, the “Cable Management Sleeve”. All opinions and thoughts are 100% my own.